Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New Chickens

So we picked up the new chickens and the guinea pig. The guinea pig is a girl and her name was Savannah but I think that is going to change. As for the chickens  it turns out 4 our roosters. The owner had no idea about basicly any thing about them and they had been her daughters until she lost interest. Their run had been worn down to mud and the coop was a mess and the appear to have been pecking at each other. Also from what I saw they had been feed strait scratch which is basically candy for birds.  I think the 6 younger birds are bantam brown leghorns but I need to do some checking on the breed and they got them from TSC in February. The older hen was hatched a year ago as part of a school hatch. She is also a bantam but I'm not positive what she is she has some feathers on her feet (not many but some might be gone from living in mud) and extra toes and she layed whitish/cream eggs for them. I think I've seen a picture of a hen that looks like her but I'm not sure where. I think she may have cochin in her but I'm not sure, so I'm going to have to do some research. But before everyone got in the nice clean coup the got the mud washed off their feet so their legs are much cleaner then in the original picture. So here are some pictures of the new birds:
This is the older hen.

Her Feet

Her again

3 of the 4 boys

The two little girls

The two little girls and one of the roosters

Two roosters with someone in between

Everyone 

The older hen again

No comments:

Post a Comment