Saturday, May 14, 2011

No snakes where harmed in the making of this post

Today I started to move the carpet and metal sheets around in the garden to kill of move of the grass, while  yanking up what remained. Seeing lots of worms and spiders (part of the reason I miss George, she loved to eat spiders) along the way. About mid way through I find these two:

  Which is no big surprise, when ever I'm killing of grass I find them. But what most people think is odd is, I really don't have a problem with snakes. Both my dad and granddad exposed me and my siblings to snakes as children (even with that my sister still hates them) so as long as they are not poisonous and I know they are there I'm fine. These two I picked up and moved out of the garden so that I didn't step on them and moved on with my work. Ended up seeing/moving 10 snakes, some of which were about 3-4 inches long and the biggest was about a foot long (which I didn't move out, he moved too fast for me to catch). But no snakes where harmed and I got some garden work done.   

No comments:

Post a Comment